3.21.2007

3-21-07

Springtime! Back from spring break, where I got tons of new vinyl, all weird to the max.

Hour 1: 9:00 p.m.

1. Phil Niblock - Parke's Altered Mood, aka, Owed to Bird, from the Touch Records release Two Three
2. Edgard Varese - Octandre, as played by the Contemporary Chamber Ensemble, and conducted by Arthur Weisberg, I don't know who these people are, but damn you if you don't know Varese
3. Michael Fakesch, I:Omec, from the album Marion, one half of Funkstorung, from a very rare LP, incidentaly, I used to live in Marion, crazy!
4. Goodiepal - untitled track from untitled 7", see this man right f'n now.
5. Merzbow and John Weise - Free Piano, from a by mail colaboration
6. Sunburned Hand of the Man - Hoof Trip, from a single, I caught their show in Texas last week, any band that starts a set by screaming "I am not a machiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!" is alright by me.
7. Coughs - Quinze Trous (15 Holes) from Secret Passage. This is not relaxing, not at all.
8. Jackie-O-Motherfucker - Celtic Sea Captain, from America Mystica, it carries over into...

Hour 2: 10:00 p.m. aka the witching hour

...still Jackie-O-Motherfucker
then...

1. Magik Markers - Inverted Belgium, live chaos from... Belgium. use your head, c'mon, that's easy to guess!
2. Jac Berrocal - Cafe Motzart, from the compilation Six Sequences Pour Alfred Hitchcock
3. Sir Richard Bishop - Jaisalmer, from the Improvika LP, he will be playing at the Picador in May with Animal Collective, sweeeeeeeeeeet. More info on this is forthcoming.
4. Marissa Nadler - Mr. John Lee Velveteen Rose, from The Saga of Mayflower May, I named a snail I found Marissa after this album. I found two snails, the other one was named Led Zepplin, as a tribute to the gods of rock. \,,,/
5. Josephine Foster - Die Schwestern, from the album A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing aka Ein Wolf im Schafspelz
6. Motorhead - Ace of Spades live in Hammersmith, get yer devil horns up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home